ThinTUX is a thin client Linux distribution supporting: xdmcp, telnet, ssh, vnc and rdp(Microsoft Terminal Server).
If you want to be notified of new releases you can subscribe on this page: ThinTUX project at freshmeat.net.
Release 0.21: 29 sep 2005: This release adds support for glibc programs, and reduces startup time and RAM footprint.
10 sep 2005: Initial release of ThinTUX's boot from WAN floppy.
- Automatic hardware discovery and centralized configuration using DHCP
- Single point of administration
- Small footprint
- Fully self-contained
- No NFS mounted root filesystem
- Web based configuration tool
- One boot image fits all computers
- No previous Linux knowledge required
- Processor: x86 architecture
- RAM: 32 Mbyte
- Network: PCI/ISA network cards
- Video card: All supported by Xorg 6.8.2
- Sound card: All supported by Linux kernel 2.6.11
- Storage: Floppy, CD-ROM and USB storage
- Keyboard: PS/2 and USB
- Mouse: Serial, PS/2 and USB
- Printer: Parallel and USB
Network booting using DHCP and TFTP.
- PXE network card
- Etherboot to boot from floppy, hard disk, CD-ROM, USB Storage, DiskOnChip(DOC) or DiskOnModule(DOM)
All documentation is integrated in ThinTUX web tool.
My email address is: thintux AT users DOT sourceforge DOT net